Pages

Wednesday, November 29, 2017

the magic box

The magic box
By brayden

I will put in my box
A loliy of lime to like,
Fire from a dragon of old,
The last dna of a raptor.
I will put in my box
A stone of gold and it leapt from the box,
A coin from the 1945,
A cool set of dinosaur toys.
I will put in my box
The last bucket of the best cookies,
The last bucket of halloween candy,
The nail of a velociraptor.
My box is fashioned from iron and gold.
With a gold lid  and shiny dinosaur stickers.
Its hinges are two tail joints of brakeosaurs.
I shall ride a t-rex in my box .
Then run to a beach on nelson.  

2 comments:

  1. What a great second line in your poem. Your description of 'a lolly of time to like' is a great example of alliteration. Well done for including this in your poem. Cookies and candy are nice but where is the healthy food? Thank you for sharing your poem.

    I look forward to your next blog post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia Ora Brayden,

    My name is Hazel, and I will be one of the people blogging with you this summer for the Summer Learning Journey.

    I really enjoyed your poem! I loved the line "fire of a dragon of old". It conjured up incredible images in my mind. Your poem made me think about things that I would include in my own magic box. Some of the things would be my best friend's laugh, the smell of freshly baked bread, and the world's softest pillow.

    We are very excited that you've registered for the Summer Learning Journey with us. I know it can sometimes be tricky to get started. I have included a link to the week one activities, but remember, you can do them in any order! Check out the activities on our website, and then post your responses to the activities here on your blog site.

    https://sites.google.com/site/summerlearningjourney/weekly-activities/week-one

    I hope you had a great Christmas. I am so excited to read all of your posts!

    Meri Kirihimete,

    Hazel :)

    ReplyDelete

Please structure your comments as follows:
Positive - Something done well
Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - Give some ideas for next time or Ask a question you want to know more about

Google Earth

Geo Visitors Map